Thursday, July 8, 2010

Well, hello there!

Wow! Has it really been 7 months since I've posted something? Don't let me fool you, I'm not really that busy -ha! I plan on starting to post more often (heard that before, eh?). I really want to keep my family updated and keep a "journal" for my memory.


So let's skip the song and dance and get right into the updating!

We have actually been staying a teeny bit busy with two wild rascals (and our two fur rascals) The kids are growing like weeds and getting smarter each day.

Let's start with Kolton first


Of course, I think he's a genius but he is quite the smart boy. You know that saying "Too smart for you're own good"? Well, that's Kolton. He's more interested in exploring and seeing what he can get into than play with blocks or some other boring toy. He loves to be outside. Running, climbing, chasing the dogs, playing in his little pool..anything that keeps him moving. He's ALL boy. Snips and snails, right? The only time you can get this boy to sit still (a minute or two) is while he's watching his favorite movie Alvin and the Chipmunks The Squeakal! He loves to dance, so everytime music comes on he shakes what his momma gave him! Kolton is at the fun age, where he's learning something new everything and enjoys it. I love seeing the excitement on his face. Sometimes if you catch him at juuuust the right time he's quite the cuddle bunny. :) He can sign several words -milk, more, and please. (We decided to teach him sign language to help him communicate with US better, and it's been a life saver!) He can say no, sissy, Gracie, ball (his favorite), and several others.

Now for my sweet Emma girl

Emma just turned 8 months (Can you believe?) It's hard for me to grasp that in less than 4 months I'll be celebrating her one year old birthday. Feels like we just brought her home. Emma has been SUCH a great baby since day one. She's developing quite the personality and she's just as smart as her brother. She's crawling and starting to pull up and stand. The first thing you notice (other than how dang cute she is) is her gorgeous hair. She has the best hair a baby could wish for. It's a chocolate brown color with some curl/wave, and 99% of the time she has a bow in it. ;) She's sleeping through the night. (Her and Kolton sleep about 12 hours at night. Yes!) She'll eat anything you put in front of her (seriously!) Just recently she ate THREE hushpuppies! So I have to keep an eye on her when her brother is around, he likes to share his big boy treats (We're sticking to the no sugar rule for her too). She's in a big girl convertible carseat and does better than when she was in the carrier. All in all she's a wonderful baby!

So there's a little update for you on the kids and like I said, I do plan on posting more often. :)

1 comment:

Welcome to the Shit Show! said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! You do have two gorgeous babies! I'm so glad I was able to visit and love on them last week! So glad to see an update! :) Miss you.