Saturday, July 31, 2010

Recipe



One thing that people may not know about my husband is he loves to cook AND thank goodness he's a GREAT cook. He loves finding new recipes and trying them out, and more times than not they turn out great. If I could have him do all the cooking I would!

I've been wanting to share his recent recipe that he got from here

Ingredients

2 slices white bread, crusts removed and crumbled

2 tablespoons mayonnaise

2 teaspoons OLD BAY® Seasoning or 2 teaspoons OLD BAY® 30% Less Sodium Seasoning

2 teaspoons McCormick® Parsley Flakes

1/2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard

1 egg, beaten

1 pound lump crabmeat

Directions

In a large bowl, mix bread, mayo, OLD BAY, parsley, mustard and egg until well blended. Gently stir in crabmeat. Shape into 4 patties.
Broil 10 minutes without turning or fry until golden brown on both sides. Sprinkle lovingly and liberally with OLD BAY. Smile. Serve.



And can I just tell you how yummy these things were? We have a great area next to where we live that we always go because they have THE BEST crab cakes. After having these, I'll never order another crab cake at a restaurant again! One, my husband made them for literally half the price of an entree AND they taste just as good, if not better!

(I'm not sure how easy or hard it would be for you to find jumbo lump crab in your area. We just checked at our favorite butcher and they had tons of choices. However, we do live where crab is common)

No comments: