Saturday, July 10, 2010

One-on-One

My friend and I were talking about how we think it's important to have individual time with different children. Each child will have it's own interest, and letting them have their own time with Mommy or Daddy will make them feel extra special.

Even though Kolton&Emma are young, I still try to do this. I feel like there was a bond made with Kolton and us before Emma was here, so I want to give her one on one time, but also I feel like when I was tired and pregnant with Emma, it costed Kolton of some of his only time. Either way, I want to start by giving them individual attention now. As long as I have a helping husband that gets to bond with the other child, I think it's only going to be a positive decision. :)

So after naptime yesterday Kolton and I headed to the library and farmer's market. Our library has an awesome play area for kids. I left Kolton in the stroller while he played with the toys. I think the workers were already eyeballing my rambunctious toddler already, so I can only imagine the havoc he'd cause if he was turned lose. He enjoyed all the gadgets and toys they had though. He even sat and read a couple books. He loved the Barney book, and they had one with pictures of Cheerios in it and he kept trying to pick them up and eat them, ha! I picked up a book for myself, and then headed to the farmers market. The FM is ran by the local Amish farmers in the area and they set up right in the library parking lot. We picked up some potatoes for dinner and checked out everything they had. I tried to show Kolton the different fruits and veggies they had, but every time he saw a melon he'd say "Ball!" He was heartbroken when we got to the car because momma didn't buy him a "Ball!". It was so hot outside, so we ran to Wawa and picked up some juice and headed home. Every moment I spend with this little guy I'm more amazed on how fast he's growing. I'm trying so hard to soak it up.


Earlier in the week Emma and I went to town to doing a little shopping. While in Mississippi I had seen a cute chalk board at a local boutique and didn't pick it up. I'm not kicking myself in the butt for not getting it, so I wanted to look for one or atleast the stuff to make one myself. The stores we hit up were all in a plaza so I just put Emma in the stroller and we went from store to store. She's such a good baby! She stayed so content the whole time and just looked around. Hardly made a peep. After all the looking around (and walking in the blasting heat) we (or momma) decided to make a stop at Starbucks. This was the first time my sweet girl hit up Starbucks with me, but I guarantee it wasn't the last. We had fun. I enjoy having her as a little tag along.
Here's my sleepy girl on the way home. She was so tired...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so correct!

I may only have one child, but Chris and I deffinently have things that we do individually with just Mikayla. How funny is it that Starbucks is mine and Mikayla's thing. Yeah don't act to shocked. lol