Monday, July 26, 2010

Our weekend..

Every weekend I say "We're going to have a LAZY weekend this weekend! Stay in PJS and relax ALL DAY!" and every weekend, we DON'T! Usually by Saturday morning I realize the kids (and me) are getting stir crazy so we have to find something to do. A couple of us and our kids decided to take the kids to a little playhouse that my friend found. It gave the kids something to do while us adults could enjoy A/C ! :) The playhouse just so happened to be down the street of the Bethesda location of Georgetown Cupcake.. you know, the infamous DC Cupcakes show on TLC. So I knew we had to get some before we left town! We got to the playhouse earlier than our friends so we decide to ride by Georgetown Cupcake and see how long the line was.. shockingly it wasn't bad at all.


So after the kids played, all of us adults decided that we wanted cupcakes. So we waited out in 110 degree weather for these cupcakes. and can I just say it was worth every bit of sweat!? We got a couple flavors, Red Velvet (their signature), Peanut Butter Fudge, and Salted Caramel. While the red velvet was ok, the salted caramel was amazing. Hands down my favorite thing ever!

Then Sunday we had some friends over so we (everyone but me, ha!) could watch the race and grill out. Sunday was a lovely day of grilling out and being lazy with some good friends. I couldn't tell you who won the race, but we still had a good time.


By Sunday night we were all totally exhausted, but it was one of the best weekends we've had in a long time! I'm so thankful for our wonderful life and all the awesome people in it!!

1 comment:

Welcome to the Shit Show! said...

Jamie McMurray won the race. ;) Love this post! Wish I could have been in on that cupcake run!!