Friday, July 16, 2010

...knock on wood...

Well, I've been holding off on an update about Kolton and his big boy bed, because I didn't want to jinx it. But it's been a good couple of days and I think it's safe to say it WONT be going back to a crib. He's done such an amazing job. I didn't expect it to be this easy, but I'm so glad and proud of my little man. We were a little nervous about the morning time. Usually I'm awake when he wakes up because I've been up with Emma, but we worried if some odd chance he wakes up before us and goes and destroys the house (I'm almost positive everything is baby proofed). I told Adam not to worry, that I figured Kolton would wake up and cry until someone comes and gets him. Boy was I wrong. The first day Adam and I was in our room and we heard his door pop open, and here he comes running into our room. WHAT A BIG BOY! It's the cutest thing. He just wakes up and comes out of his room like, "Oh good morning everyone!" Ha! That's another thing, I swear he wakes up in such a better mood. Here lately he's been going to bed about 8/9ish and waking up about 7ish. I'm not sure if he was just getting too much sleep (Is there really such a thing?!) before, or what..but now he wakes up refreshed and cute as a button.


To celebrate how great he's been doing we took him to get a surprise. Taking an almost 2 year old (wow, really?) into a toy section is hilarious. He was so torn on which thing to reach for he was going a mile a minute. Although Kolton's go to is "BALL! BALL!!" that kid wakes up saying ball and goes to sleep saying ball. It's hilarious. We talked him into get a Mr Potato Head, and so far he likes it. Having him keep the "choking hazards" (as Adam calls the teeny tiny parts) away from his sister is a little difficult though, lol.

No comments: