Monday, June 15, 2009

Recipe Time.

There isn't it too many things I make that are ridiculously yummy. My husband says I'm a better cook than I give myself credit for, but I think he's just being nice. Anyway, I was telling my friend Jenifer about this recipe. I pretty much forced it down her throat and I hope she really makes it for her husband, I know they will all love it! So I figured I'll force it down all ya'lls throats!

The coffee shop at our old base use to sell a Key Lime Cake. It was probably the best cake I've ever tasted in my life. I got sick of paying 4 bucks a slice for it, so I looked up the recipe on the internet, and what do you know? I found the exact one. AND you could just about make the whole cake for 4 dollars! I should also say I'm not the biggest fan of lime, and I still adore this cake! So PLEASE try it!

It's usually done in a 3 layered cake, but I made it as cupcakes this wkend. I snapped some pictures of it for you guys, because I love the way it looks after it's cooked. It's the coolest green color. It just looks yummy! We're thinking about doing a paticular theme for Monster Boy's first birthday (ah, am I really thinking about his first birthday already?!) and if we do the one we want, these cupcakes will go PERFECT with it! :)

Here's the recipe, and below are the pictures:

1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 (3 ounce) package lime flavored gelatin mix
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup butter
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
4 cups confectioners' sugar




Combine cake mix, gelatin mix, oil, eggs and orange juice. Pour into three 8-inch cake pans. Bake according to instructions on box. Allow to cool, then frost.
To make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add lime juice and confectioners sugar. Mix well.








Let me know if you try it, and if you like it!

1 comment:

Welcome to the Shit Show! said...

Yum!! So glad you shared this with me! I think I'm going to make some for Josh for Father's Day. :)