Thursday, June 25, 2009

Not as easy as it looks..

I tried to do appliques today with my machine. That's pretty much Jenifer's specialty and I LOVE them. She's made Kolton so many cute things, and she talks about how easy it is. Well, excuse me miss smarty pants, it's NOT! ;-)

Actually, here's what happened. When you embroider something, the fabric is attached to a hoop. Well I was trimming the fabric away and I accidentally let the fabric shift. So when I went back to stitch the border on my "K" the outline was all messed up. Does that make sense? Probably not. Anyways, I wanted to show people my oops. AND that it's clearly not as easy as it looks.



See all the fabric on the outside of the light blue thread? Well, that shouldn't be there!! I LOVE that fabric too, can you believe my husband hates it!!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not bad for your first time. I LIKE the fabric. lol. Can you just trim away the outside fabric.

Welcome to the Shit Show! said...

Looks TONS better than my first attempt at an applique! Just keep doing them and you'll fall in love! :) P.S. I like the fabric too!