Thursday, February 5, 2009

Just for giggles..

I remember how excited I was to decorate Kolton's room. I wanted it to look like something out of a nursery magazine. His room is by far my favorite in the house. I can still remember how excited we were to go pick out paint samples, buying bedding, picking out furniture. However, I quickly realized it all ends up being about practicality. I have some before and after shots of Kolton's room so you can see the changes that had to be made.

Before:





If you notice the changing table is by the window. That had to be moved for two reasons, 1) it's by the window. We have wood windows and like I said before they are REALLY drafty. 2) It was over the heat vent and his room was staying so cold. I LOVED the layout then, but here's the changes.

After:








Now you see the difference? Plastic on the windows (which like I said before, our new windows should be put in within the next couple weeks) wires everywhere, furniture rearranged. Also, we're making the transition to his crib. He's getting too big for his bassinet, but when we tried putting him straight in his crib he wasn't having it. So we're getting him use to being in his own room and then once he's ready for it we will put him in his crib. (Last night was the first night he slept all the way through in his room and he did fantastic!) So you see how quickly my fancy nursery was changed?

No comments: