Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy [late] Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Valentine's Day! I love Valentine's Day because it's the ONE day I can sucker my husband into being a little romantic. This year was probably one of the funnest VDays! First Adam had beautiful flowers delivered to me on Friday, even though the guy called and asked ME for directions because he was lost and ruined the surprise. Adam sends me flowers about 3 times a year, and every time he sends me flowers he sends me a different type. This year was a beautiful arrangement of lilies, orchids, roses, and carnations. It also had some yummy chocolates tied to it. Saturday we went to Baltimore for the evening and ate at The Cheesecake Factory. That was the first time we had ever been to one so we were so excited. There was quite a lengthy wait (uh, a little over a hour) but it was SO worth it. People had told us that they give a generous amount of food, but oh my lord! We had literally more than half our dinner to take home with us. After eating dinner we drove around the city to explore everything.

Before we left Adam grabbed the address to Charm City Cakes (you know, the show Ace of Cakes with Duff on The Food Network) So we punched it into the GPS and headed on over. Too bad the GPS doesn't have an option that tells you when you're entering the ghetto, though! Anyways, we found it, snapped some pictures, and got the heck out of dodge! After that we headed to Arundel Mills to do some shopping! By the time we got home we were so exhausted. But all in all we had a wonderful day. I spent it with my two true loves. Adam spoiled me (like always) and Kolton was an absolute angel. I feel so bad when he has to ride in his carseat for so long, but he's so patient. While we were at The Cheesecake Factory one of the managers came to us and said that everyone was talking about our baby. I thought, oh no he was getting on people's nerves with his squealing. But she said "Everyone is talking about how gorgeous he is!" It totally makes my day when people acknowledge how precious he is. Of course me and Adam think the world of him, and think he's the most perfect thing ever, but when other people say it too just means that he IS the most precious thing ever, lol.

So here's some pictures of our special day!

My beautiful flowers:
The Inner Harbor:
Kolton at Ben and Jerry's:
and then at The Cheesecake Factory, picking out what cheesecake he wants:
My two sweeties:
Charm City Cakes:
Kolton thinking his VDay stuffy was his VDay candy:
and then he thought his hands was his candy:

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I love his little heart suit! He's a sweetheart!

Josh, Brandi, and Xander said...

Looks like you had a great V-day. I love your flowers, they are beautiful! :) The pic of your two boys is a really good one, they look so much alike. Happy Valentine's day.

Welcome to the Shit Show! said...

I am SO jealous that you went to Cheesecake Factory and that you got to see Charm City Cakes in real life even if it is in the ghetto! Sounds like yall had too much fun! LOVE the pictures of Kolton with his Valentine happy! I know I tell you this ALL the time, but he is SO adorable!