Thursday, April 2, 2009

A very special month.

I'm not sure if you guys know, but April is Autism Awareness Month. I met a very adorable boy while I was living in Georgia who had Autism. His mom (who is a very good friend of mine) will be the first to tell you not to EVER take for granted the things that may seem small. Such as saying "I love you.", giving a hug, opening a candy wrapper, or something even as just saying why they're not feeling well. To be a parent of a child with Autism is probably one of the strongest people in my eyes. I hope if any of my children have even the slightest case of Autism, I'll be blessed with patience like my friend has.





PS my friend's son is talking more and more everyday. It just goes to show you what pure dedication, motivation, and love will do for you. :)

No comments: