Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy birthday to my sweet baby boy!!!

Can we just say that time goes entirely too fast? I swear it was just yesterday I was bringing Kolton home. I wish time could just stand still for a few moments so I have a chance to soak it up. We've been so blessed with the most extraordinary boy in the world. I have no doubt that his sister will be anything but either. I never knew I could love something so much. I want to make that boy as happy as I ever can, if he only knew how many times he puts a smile on my face. It's only fair for me to return the favor. So yes, the first year went entirely too fast. I'm not sure I can handle every year going this fast! Next thing I know he'll be a 13 year old boy! Ah! Help me!

Anyhoo. Sunday we threw Kolton his first birthday party. We originally planned to have it in West Virginia with our family, but I couldn't make the drive. I didn't want to chance going into labor before Kolton's big day. I think we made the best decision too. We had the party at our house in Maryland and our friends from my husband's work and their families came to help us celebrate! I'm so thankful to have such great friends here! We had a great time, too. The kids busted a pinata (I had no idea how vicious kids can be over those things!), we ate tons of pizza, and Kolton got his first taste of sugar! At first he didn't want to have anything to do with it, but after we pretty much forced a bite in his mouth it was game on! So all in all Kolton's party was a great success and I'm so appreciative of all our friends who came!



This morning when we woke Kolton up we had his present from Mommy and Daddy for him. We got him a LeapFrog Musical Table, which I think he likes alot. He recently started this thing where he dances when he hears music so I think it was a good toy for him. We were going to get him a Mickey Mouse Power Quad, but we couldn't find it so we'll see if Santa will bring that to him for Christmas. Then we took him out for a birthday lunch to Red Robin. He had a yummy lunch of fries, grilled cheese, and some of Mommy's grilled chicken! After lunch we took him to Toys R Us. He had received some birthday money and we decided to let him pick out a toy. He picked out the infamous Corn Popper! Ha! Lucky us, huh? We picked up an ice cream sundae for him on the way home and after dinner we let him have some ice cream for the very first time. He liked it, but I'm not sure if my son is going to be into sweets that much. Which is perfectly fine with me! I hope he had a great day, and I know he wont remember this day at all but this birthday will be no different than the next birthdays he has. Every birthday is going to be special and a point to him will be made that we're happy he is here with us. We are truly bless with such a great child and there is not a day that goes by that Adam and I think about how lucky we are. Happy birthday our sweet baby boy!! Mommy and Daddy love you very much!!!

1 comment:

Mione said...

Thank you for including us in on the celebration! Sorry about the pinata.. I'm sure Gavin was one of the rough kids... poor pinata.