Tuesday, August 24, 2010

More (very) little projects..

I'm probably the least crafty person you will ever meet in your life. Really, ask my friend Jenifer about a lamp shade I made out of bamboo.. it was AWFUL. I'm pretty sure she's still embarrassed for me over that lamp. I did however win Ms Art my senior year... but it was kind of a joke. And the art teacher was FURIOUS that my classmates voted me. So yes, I'm horrible with anything crafty. So when I do get something that is a little decent -I'm pretty proud. It helps that I read lots of DIY blogs and copy their steps word for word (and my stuff still isn't as good as their's) but I'm pretty happy with two projects I did.

First is a canvas that was in our kitchen. When we first moved in the previous owners left all their decor for us and it was a chef themed, but when we redid the kitchen we took it all out. So I tried to fancy it up.

The before


The after


and here's this another I did today.


I've been trying to figure out something to do with that wall. I was telling Adam the unused wall space in this house drives me nuts. I knew that I wanted to get that picture printed. I was thinking about getting it put on canvas but I wanted to see it on an 8x10 before I paid that much money. The picture was taken with my Canon Rebel and I just wanted to make sure the picture wouldn't distort being blown up that big. (and it didn't!) I like this so much, I might not even get it printed on a canvas! I found the decals around the frame on clearance, so between the 12 dollar frame, the 3 dollar print, and the 5 dollar decals I did two projects today for 20 bucks! ( I had everything already for the first project)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bamboo lamp?!

J and T plus Three said...

I LOVE it Sam!!!! Especially the family picture and wall decor!!! You are as crafty as they come in my book!!!

Mione said...

Love it!