Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lately I've been reading blogs that show cute home decorating projects like this one or this one. I get two ways when I read these type of blogs -motivated and -jealous. Mostly jealous though. I get jealous for several reasons.. these people seem to have TONS of awesome stuff just hanging around the house they can fix up or distress and toss in a corner and it looks awesome, and another reason even if I had awesome stuff hanging around I'm not nearly crafty or chic enough to know how to fix it up and make it look awesome. However, this morning I realized we had some pictures of Em's 7 month photo shoot that needed to be put up. So I had a bright idea to put them in the foyer. My foyer kind of drives me insane. It's not big enough to put a buffet table or something in, but yet it was lacking some sort of furniture. So I decided to steal one of the end tables from my upstairs living and see how it worked in it. I'm pretty sure I love how it looks. Atleast until I can get a table that REALLY works in the area. Here's how it turned out.




I plan on getting a vinyl quote to put above the pictures. Please don't judge my "designing" (Ha!) skills. I'm not Martha Stewart, but you have to admit it doesn't look too bad, right? (I wish I had a before picture!)

Also, here's the space I took the end table from. Which just so happens to be my next project. I need to find something to do with the toys that are taking over my living room.

No comments: