Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy (late) birthday, Kolton James-Allen!!!

A very special boy turned two years old this past week. :)

Two years ago on October 29th my adventure of motherhood started. Kolton James-Allen was brought into my life, and he's had my heart dancing ever since. Despite the struggles he had when he was first born, I couldn't ask for a healthier, happier, more handsome TWO year old boy. Where does the time go? This little boy lights up my days with his silly grins and giggles.

Since Kolton had a first birthday party to himself last year, we decided to let Emma have her special party instead of throwing them a joint party (since their birthdays are so close) But Kolton had one very special birthday. We woke up early that morning to a breakfast of blueberry pancakes, and after stuffing our faces we opened all the cards and gifts everyone sent him. Adam and I got him a train table and Kolton seemed pretty excited about it.

After we played, had a yummy lunch, and took a much needed nap (the kids did, of course mommy was getting everything ready), we headed out to dinner. My parents were able to come and visit so they came along with us. We went to Kolton's favorite place -Red Robin (yumm..)

After Kolton stuffed his face of onion rings, corn dogs, and fries they were sweet enough to bring out a sundae for him and sing happy birthday. The waitress we had was one that we've had several times, so she remembered us and said she'd "hook the birthday boy up." They were so sweet to him.

He loved them singing, but I think he enjoyed the sundae even more.. lol


After dinner we came home and let Kolton enjoy the dirt cake I had made for him.




I had such a fun day with my two year old sweetie, and I hope he had an awesome birthday. We love you Kolton!! :)

No comments: