Sunday, September 26, 2010

Emotional

My husband and I were talking last weekend about life before kids. I asked him if he remembered what our weekends were like pre-kids, and he just laughed. At that very moment we were on our way to a friend of Kolton's 4th birthday party . So that very moment my husband was missing college football. We then laughed about the irony of birthday parties, zoo trips, and whatever else you do to keep kids from going stir crazy in the house taking place of college game day, shopping, going out with friends, and whatever else adults do to have fun. To remember the days where we could just pack a bag for us and drive 3 hours to the beach and not have to worry about 28 bags of diapers, bottles, snacks, juice, and then make that 3 hour road trip turn into 6 because someone is sick, wants out of the car, or needs a potty break (that's usually me ha!). But also do you know how many times I'll ask Adam "What was life like before kids?" ...boring! Sure, I'm sure all the stuff we did was fun, but none of that has much substance once you have kids. While we're cracking up at Kolton doing a funny dance or Emma growling like a monster, or Kolton wearing his rainboots to bed and Emma dancing to the Calliou theme song, or even when Kolton is throwing a fit because his Mr Potato Head wont cooperate (as he's doing right now) or when Emma is keeping us up all night because her teeth are coming in... even THEN I can honestly say I wouldn't change a thing.

And I'm sure you've all noticed we have two birthdays coming up. Kolton will turn 2 on the 29th of October and Emma will turn ONE on November 3rd. Have you noticed that I haven't talked about it AT ALL. Other than talking about her party, I can't bring myself to talk about my babies getting older. I'm VERY emotional over it. I want Emma to stay the sweet cuddly baby she is, and it seems like every day Kolton gets more independent and doesn't need his momma anymore. Of course it makes me very proud that Kolton is growing up and becoming a smart little boy, but really where does the time go? Kolton is starting to say so many more words and it make me so proud. Emma is so close to walking it's unreal. Didn't I just bring these babies home?! REALLY!

Another thing I'm emotional over? NOT having a teeny tiny baby in the house. I know, I know.. we wont even go there.

So, anyhoo. I had a friend say to me yesterday "Adam must really love you because he's missing football!" ha! I had dragged my husband out to DC for the millionth time this month. He did miss football, but I guess it's because he realizes that football doesn't matter when you have family.. No? Okay, well I'm sure it's because he has the ESPN APP on his phone AND the fact that the most important game to him (WVU vs LSU) didn't come on until 9pm.. lol

So, yes.. we do devote alot of time to our *FAMILY* but we wouldn't have it any other way. :)



Our Awesome Little Family

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your so cute! So not the same girl that you were when we were at the Inn together.

Love you!