Monday, September 13, 2010

DC Housewife

All of my friends are probably tired of hearing me talk about my love for Washington DC, but I can't help it. I LOVE that city. Any chance we have to go there, I grab it. Adam had an extra day off after my family left so we decided to head into the city and see what we could get into ( I mean there's only a million things to do!)

First we hit up the Smithsonian National Zoo. This zoo/park is pretty cool AND it's free! That's right, you only pay for parking! Kolton has been to Disney World, but he was only 6 months, so now he's at the age where he can enjoy things like this, and boy did he! I forgot my good camera at home, because this was a last minute decision. But you know what, I'm actually glad I forgot it. I sometimes consume myself with trying so hard to snap every expression that *I* don't actually get to enjoy it. I did snap some with my camera phone.. you couldn't really expect me to not take ANY pictures!? But for the most part we walked, we talked, we took notice of everything, we really enjoyed everything, and we enjoyed watching Kolton&Emma enjoy everything. Have I said that I love my little family :)

After we left the zoo we headed to Georgetown Cupcake and grabbed lunch at a yummy BBQ place named Rocklands. It was SUCH a good day, and I'm so lucky to have such a beautiful city at my fingertips and a beautiful family to enjoy it with. I don't want to leave here feeling like I didn't take advantage of it. I tell Adam our future plan is to have our beautiful house in Savannah, Georgia and a condo in Georgetown. The kids will go to college in Georgetown and they'll stay there and we'll come visit them. :) Who knows maybe you'll see me on Real Housewives of DC one day.. ;) Ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh lord. I was laughing at the title. Told you there is a ton of stuff to do. I am jealous of you living there. I miss it. :)

Lea said...

You're making me miss living in DC. There's so much to do. The Air & Space Museums was one of my favorite places to go. Just wondering around Georgetown was fun too.